Thursday, November 6, 2008

MyEBSCOhost, pt. 2

As most of you know, I have fibromyalgia. I've got fantastic doctors and lots of support, and I'm finally having days when I never even think about fibro. I still talk about it though, because it's such a 'hidden' syndrome and one that most people have never even heard of. You can learn more from the National Fibromyalgia Association.

Anyway...that rather clumsy intro leads us into my new RSS search alert. I set up an alert to receive an alert each week of new articles about fibromyalgia in Health Source (consumer and academic) and GreenFile. Health Source makes sense, of course. GreenFile may be a bit of a stretch, but I'm hoping I'll find some info about alternative therapies and/or the effects of specific environmental factors on individuals with chronic pain syndromes.

This is going to be great for my personal use, and, like others have said, it's something we should probably start encouraging students to use for long-term projects.

No comments: